Sunday, June 8, 2014

Still so damn tired...

     I didn't want to run. Let's just get that said right off the bat. I am tired, I worked for the last 12 hours, I deserve a hot shower and (somewhat) comfy bed here in the hospital. I want pizza, I don't really want to eat a salad and some MORE chicken.  It would have been so much easier to just go lay around with some yummy tasting and horrible-for-me food and watch Game of Thrones but...

      At this point, I walk for five minutes, jog for two, repeat 4 times and call it good. I feel like an idiot admitting this but even that is hard for me to do and I'm exhausted by the time I'm done. That being said, it's easier than it was a week ago, or the week before that. They say that it takes 18-24 months for your body to work out all the chemo and most of the side effects and I would love to quote that as an excuse, but I know that a lot of my problem is that I'm far more out of shape than anyone my age should be. If I'd taken better care of myself and been healthier before I got cancer, this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

     I have a thousand excuses every day for why I shouldn't go to the gym but I NEED this. I want my life back and damnit, getting healthier and slimmer will help with that. Not to mention I have a marathon to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment